What are Elopement Packages?
When it comes to pin-pointing the main reasons why couples choose to elope rather than having a traditional wedding the two main considerations are budget and stress avoidance. The average traditional wedding in America costs somewhere in the region of $25,656, where as an all-inclusive elopement package averages $2,500 or less. That 90% budget reduction is enough to considerably reduce anyone’s budget stress level even before considering any of the other stress factors! When you choose to elope you are choosing to leave behind the stress of making a guest list, booking a venue, arranging a reception and the endless list of other details that go hand in hand with planning a wedding. In fact, if you look for a ready made elopement package all you have to do is simply get a marriage license and show up on the day!
Elopement Packages may contain:
Officiant, Ceremony & Custom Vows
Venue – Indoor, Outdoor or Anywhere
Flowers – Bouquet and Boutonniere
Music- Prerecorded or Live
Photography and or Video
Spa Services or Gift Basket
Cake, Cupcakes, Breakfast or Dinners
Lodging, Honeymoon Suite or Vacation Rentals
Small Receptions and much more.
What to Look for in Elopement Packages:
To help you get things moving, here is our checklist of things to look for when searching for a Wedding Elopement Package.
- The Perfect All-Inclusive Venue: There are venues all across the country that offer elopement packages, so the best place to start is by thinking about where to elope. Perhaps there is a state or country that you have always wanted to go to but have never visited. An elopement might be the ideal opportunity to do so. Similarly, if you want to get married on a beach, or atop a snowy mountain, then you need to choose a place that offers these types of locations. Once you have chosen the ideal geographical location, you can begin looking at specific venues. You should be looking for a venue with a nice setting for your ceremony and one that offers a complete package that includes accommodations (an all-inclusive package) for you and any accompanying guests. The last thing you want is discover are additional hidden costs.
- An Authorized Officiant: The best elopement packages will also include an Officiant to perform the ceremony. In some locations, a member of staff is ordained so that they can act as a Wedding Coordinator and Officiant rolled into one. It is worth asking if they can guide you through the marriage license application as well if you live out of state or country since rules may differ from state to state or country. The Officiants included in most elopement packages are non-denominational, so if you have a particular desire to be married according to your own faith you may need to book your own Officiant outside of the package. But don’t worry, many venues will help you with your search.
- Additional Accessories: Even if you are eloping, that doesn’t mean that you don’t want or need all of the trappings of a traditional wedding like a bouquet and boutonniere, wedding cake, music and photographs. If this is the case, look for the elopement packages that either include these items or that can be added-on as extras to the package. Many venues will provide you with a list of local vendors that provide these services. Some of the other romantic features available in elopement packages are candlelight dinners, spa treatments, gift baskets, and a bottle of champagne with keepsake glasses. As you will find eloping does not mean settling for less than your dream wedding!
- A Great Price: As noted, one of the key considerations that prompt couples to choose elopement is the high cost of having a wedding. Regardless of your budget you are sure to find a package that you can afford with prices ranging from just $100 for a basic exchange of vows up to $5000 for an all-inclusive elopement package. Decide on your budget and look for an elopement package that fits it. Just make sure to check that everything is included in the price so that there are no nasty surprises!
More Tips for Finding Elopement Packages
Once you have gone through each of the four main points listed above you should come up with a short list of potential elopement packages. However, before you go ahead and book one you must take the time to go over all of the terms and conditions to make sure that you understand and agree with them. Do not be afraid to ask questions – this is your wedding and you have every right to know exactly what you are getting.
When you book an all inclusive vacation you know that all of the key elements such as lodging, transportation and food are included. The same applies to an elopement package except what you are getting are all of the key elements needed to elope or get married – the officiant, a venue, flowers and other important features. Elopement packages not only make it easier to plan your elopement, but they are also a good way to save money!
How to Find Cheap Elopement Packages
One of the most popular reasons for couples to choose to elope is the ever increasing cost of planning a traditional wedding. The average wedding carries a hefty $25,000 price tag and if you have a large guest list it could quickly become even more expensive. If you have a tight budget, then you might find that an elopement, or maybe even a destination wedding, is the perfect choice simply because these options are far less expensive! There are plenty of affordable elopement packages to be found offering everything that you need to plan an intimate wedding. You can check out our Elopement Packages page for a rough idea of the options that are available and the prices you can expect to pay.
You could start by performing a search using one of the major search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo and so on). All you need to do is run a search for ‘elopement packages’. But since you are already on WhereToElope.com we’ve already done all of that work for you. So, if you already have an idea about your destination then you can do a Location search on our Elopement Packages page. The results that are returned should provide you with links to elopement packages in the area specified. Some of the most popular elopement destinations include California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Las Vegas, Niagara Falls and Tennessee, but there are venues all over the world which are great for eloping. It is also possible to stay close to home although most couples will choose to combine the wedding with a weekend trip which is often referred to as a minimoon!
Las Vegas is probably the most famous location when it comes to eloping and not without good reason! Las Vegas hosts more then 100,000 weddings every single year and it is considered to be one of the cheapest destinations for elopements. This can be attributed to the many wedding chapels that cater almost exclusively to eloping couples. One Las Vegas chapel actually has a drive-thru where couples can tie the knot for just $49, alternatively if you are looking for a more traditional style of ceremony then you might prefer to check out the Elope-To-LasVegas.com website where you will find mid-week elopement packages start at just $395. The website also offers a wide range of elopement packages to suit a variety of budgets. While researching elopement packages, we have come to the general conclusion that the cheapest elopement destinations are Las Vegas and Reno if the couple does not want to spend too much on their wedding, but do plan on taking a short trip.
However, although Las Vegas is the poster destination for elopement it is important not to discount the many romantic inns and bed and breakfasts that are scattered all over the country. Some of these Inns are hidden gems which offer very affordable elopements which include an overnight stay followed by breakfast the next day. It is also easy to find local officiants who will preside over your ceremony at an affordable rate. With that being said, because these are such well kept secrets it can be difficult to find them and that is why we would recommend using dedicated elopement websites like WhereToElope.com. The Elopement Packages section has already carried out the research and can present you with the information you need based on Your criteria – such as your chosen location, price, package type and inclusions.
Sourcing an affordable elopement package is exactly the same as planning any other trip. You will want to look at the available options before deciding what you really want including your destination and your budget. Look at packages that suit your budget to avoid disappointment. If you have the funds available you might also like to plan a reception at home for friends and family. This can be as formal or as casual as you like since it is not a traditional wedding!
Have you come across any low cost elopement packages? We would love to here about them in the comments section below.
Looking For Small Wedding or Elopement Packages?
Regardless of whether you have a tight budget, or you simply so not want to deal with the hassle of planning a traditional wedding, choosing to elope could be the best decision you have ever made. As demand increases we are seeing a growing number of packages for small destination weddings and elopements, but what should you be keeping an eye out for when looking for such a package? Here are our tips for choosing an elopement package.
- Destination – The best elopements will double up as honeymoons which means that the destination is pretty important. You should look for elopement packages which offer free or discounted upgrades to couples who will both marry and honeymoon at the destination. These packages will usually include suite upgrades, spa treatments, activity allowances or meals.
- Packages – Small inns and bed & breakfast venues will often offer a package deal which includes your ceremony and accommodation. Depending on the venue, these will include a variety of extras which might include flowers, music, photography and catering. It is usually possible to have a handful of guests. If you choose one of these packages then make sure to read the terms and conditions in full so that you know exactly what is included.
- One Stop Shopping – We find that many of the couples who choose to elope just want something convenient and hassle free. However, marrying out-with your home state can be complicated so it is always a good idea to look for the elopement packages which offer a consultant or coordinator who can guide you through all of the arrangements.
- Service Discounts – When you book your elopement, you may find that your venue can arrange discounts with other local providers such as photographers and florists. It is always a good idea to ask if they can recommend someone for any service not provided on site.
- Lodging – Even although you are eloping, you may want to invite selected people such as your parents. If you have chosen a small venue then they may not be able to accommodate your guests. It is important to check with the venue about capacity and availability.
Regardless if you are inviting 10 guests or 40 or even just having an intimate ceremony with just the two of you we know that you still want the day to be special. We can help you to select just the right elopement packages and guide you towards the affordable elopement destinations.