What are Elopement Packages?
When it comes to pin-pointing the main reasons why couples choose to elope rather than having a traditional wedding the two main considerations are budget and stress avoidance. The average traditional wedding in America costs somewhere in the region of $25,656. In comparison, an all-inclusive elopement package averages $2,500 or less. That 90% budget reduction is enough to considerably reduce anyone’s stress level even before considering the other stress factors! When you choose to elope you choose to leave behind the stress of guest lists, venue bookings, and reception plans. Not to mention the endless list of other details that go hand in hand with planning a wedding. In fact, if you look for ready made elopement packages all you have to do is get a marriage license and show up on the day!
Elopement Packages may contain:
Officiant, Ceremony & Custom Vows
Venue – Indoor, Outdoor or Anywhere
Flowers – Bouquet and Boutonniere
Music- Prerecorded or Live
Photography and or Video
Spa Services or Gift Basket
Cake, Cupcakes, Breakfast or Dinners
Lodging, Honeymoon Suite or Vacation Rentals
Small Receptions and much more.
What to Look for in Elopement Packages:
Are you ready to get things moving? Here is our checklist of things to look for when searching for a Wedding Elopement Package.
- The Perfect All-Inclusive Venue: There are venues all across the country offering elopement packages. The best place to start is by thinking about where to elope. Perhaps there is a place you have always wanted visit but have never had a chance. An elopement might be the ideal opportunity! Similarly, if you want to get married on a beach, or atop a snowy mountain, then you need to choose a destination with those locations. Once you have chosen the ideal geographical location, you can begin looking at specific venues.
- An Authorized Officiant: The best elopement packages will also include an Officiant to perform the ceremony. Some locations have an ordained member of staff. Don’t forget, rules may differ from state to state (or country). It’s worth asking if they can guide you through the marriage license application. The Officiants included in most elopement packages are non-denominational. If you have a desire to marry according to a particular faith you may need to book your own.
- Additional Accessories: Even if you are eloping, you can still enjoy all of the trappings of a traditional wedding. Look for elopement packages that include extras like flowers, cake or photography. Some elopement packages even offer candlelight dinners, spa treatments, or champagne with keepsake glasses. Eloping doesn’t mean settling for less than your dream wedding!
- A Great Price: One of the key reasons couples choose elopement is the high cost of weddings. Whatever your budget you are sure to find an affordable package. Prices range from $100 for a basic ceremony to $5000 for all-inclusive elopement packages.
More Tips for Finding Elopement Packages
Once you have gone through each of the four main points listed above you should come up with a short list of potential elopement packages. However, before you go ahead and book one you must take the time to go over all of the terms and conditions to make sure that you understand and agree with them. Do not be afraid to ask questions – this is your wedding and you have every right to know exactly what you are getting.
When you book an all inclusive vacation you know that it includes all of the key elements. The same applies to an elopement package. The difference is you are getting the key elements you need to elope or get married. Elopement packages not only make it easier to plan your elopement, but they are also a good way to save money!
How to Find Cheap Elopement Packages
One of the most popular reasons for couples to choose to elope is the ever increasing cost of planning a traditional wedding. The average wedding carries a hefty $25,000 price tag. If you have a large guest list it could quickly become even more expensive. If you have a tight budget, then you might find that an elopement, or maybe even a destination wedding, is a perfect choice simply because these options are far less expensive! There are plenty of affordable elopement packages to be found offering everything that you need to plan an intimate wedding. You can check out our Elopement Packages page for a rough idea of the options that are available and the prices you can expect to pay.
You could start by performing a search using one of the major search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo and so on). All you need to do is run a search for ‘elopement packages’. Since you are already on WhereToElope.com we’ve already done all of the work for you. So, if you already have an idea about your destination then you can do a Location search on our Elopement Packages page. The results returned will provide you with links to elopement packages in the appropriate area. Some of the most popular elopement destinations include California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Las Vegas, Niagara Falls and Tennessee. However, there are venues all over the world which are great for eloping. It is also possible to stay close to home although most couples choose to combine the wedding with a weekend trip known as a mini-moon!
Eloping to Las Vegas & Beyond
Las Vegas is the most famous location when it comes to eloping and not without good reason! Las Vegas hosts more than 100,000 weddings every single year. It is also one of the cheapest destinations for elopements. This is thanks to the many wedding chapels catering almost exclusively to eloping couples. One Las Vegas chapel actually has a drive-thru where couples can tie the knot for just $49, alternatively, if you are looking for a more traditional ceremony then check out the Elope To Las Vegas website where you will find mid-week elopement packages from just $395. The website also offers a wide range of elopement packages to suit any budget. While researching elopement packages, we found the cheapest elopement destinations are Las Vegas and Reno. Both are great for couples who don’t want to spend too much on their wedding but would like a short trip.
However, although Las Vegas is the poster destination for elopement it is important not to discount the many romantic inns and bed and breakfasts that are scattered all over the country. Some of these Inns are hidden gems offering affordable elopements with an overnight stay followed by breakfast. It is also easy to find local officiants who will preside over your ceremony at an affordable rate. With that being said, because these are such well-kept secrets it can be difficult to find them and that is why we would recommend using dedicated elopement websites like WhereToElope.com. The Elopement Packages section has already carried out the research and can present you with the information you need based on Your criteria – such as your chosen location, price, package type and inclusions.
Affordable Elopement Packages
Sourcing an affordable elopement package is exactly the same as planning any other trip. You will want to look at the available options before deciding what you really want. That includes your destination and your budget. Look at packages that suit your budget to avoid disappointment. If you have the funds available you might also like to plan a reception at home for friends and family. This can be as formal or as casual as you like since it is not a traditional wedding!
Have you come across any low-cost elopement packages? We would love to hear about them in the comments section below.
Looking For Small Wedding or Elopement Packages?
Do you have a tight budget? Want to avoid the hassle of planning a traditional wedding? Whatever the reason, choosing to elope is the best decision you will ever make. Here are our tips for choosing an elopement package.
- Destination – The best elopements will double up as honeymoons, so the destination is pretty important. Look for elopement packages offering free or discounted upgrades to couples who will both marry and honeymoon at the destination.
- Packages – Small venues often offer packages including your ceremony and accommodation. Depending on the venue, the package may also include flowers, music, photography, and catering.
- One Stop Shopping – We find many couples who choose to elope want something convenient and hassle free. However, there can be complications when marrying out-with your home state. Look for elopement packages offering a consultant or coordinator to guide you through the arrangements.
- Service Discounts – When you book your elopement, your venue may be able to arrange discounts with other local providers. It’s a good idea to ask if they can recommend vendors for services not provided on site.
- Lodging – Even although you are eloping, you may want to invite selected family or friends. A small venue may not be able to accommodate many guests – check the venue’s capacity and availability.
Regardless if you are inviting 10 guests, 40 or having an intimate ceremony for two, you still want the day to be special. We can help you to select just the right elopement packages and guide you towards the affordable elopement destinations.