Plan Your Elopement in 10 Easy Steps
Have you been considering an elopement or destination wedding? Are you worried about how to put everything in motion? There is no need to worry. Planning a destination elopement is so much easier and stress-free than organizing a big traditional wedding.
Check out these 10 easy steps for planning your elopement.
Destination Elopements in 10 Easy Steps
- Set Your Budget – One of the key reasons why couples choose to elope is that it can save them over 90% on the cost of a traditional wedding. Start out by setting yourself a budget to help shortlist possible destinations and vendors. Try out helpful elopement budget checklist.
- Choose A Date – Once you have set your budget it is time to start thinking about wedding dates. Your budget may dictate what time of year to elope since off season can be cheaper. You may also want to consider mid-week elopements as there are some great deals to be found. The great thing about elopements is that they can often be planned fairly quickly so your date can be as soon as you like!
- Pick Out a Destination – You may already have a destination in mind and now that you have your budget in place you will be able to see if it is a viable option. The date comes into play too, especially if you are eloping abroad as there may be a lengthy legal process. Check out our Where To Elope listings for some great ideas.
- Find Your Vendor – With your destination locked in, it is time to choose your vendor. We have elopement packages from vendors all over the country and overseas.
- Choose Your Rings & Attire – Once you have the basics such as destination, vendor and date picked out then you will need to go ahead and choose wedding rings and attire. Eloping doesn’t mean you have to give up having a dream wedding dress, but it also means you have fewer restrictions on what you wear so dress however you feel most comfortable!
- Plan Your Itinerary & Make Travel Arrangements – Once you have dates and destinations booked it is time to plan your travel arrangements. That means booking flights, renting a car or maybe just planning your route.
- Complete Your Legal Requirements – Don’t forget to check out what legal requirements you have to fulfill in order to get married in your chosen destination. Some vendors may help with the paperwork, but do research licenses and other paperwork so that you know exactly what is expected of you.
- Pack For Your Trip – With all of the arrangements made it is time to start packing for your trip!
- Tell Your Family & Friends – Don’t forget to sit down with family and friends to discuss your elopement plans! It is best to warn them in advance instead of springing the surprise on them after you have already exchanged vows!
- Elope! – All of the hard work is done. You have booked your elopement package, packed your bags and obtained your license. All that is left is to go and get married!