REASONS TO ELOPE
WHY COUPLES ELOPED?
- the cost, expense or save the money
- to save time
- to reduce stress
- having fun
- have more freedom
- avoiding family politics
- got pregnant
- immigration issues
- maintaining your sanity
- want something simple yet beautiful
- parents deceased so want something more intimate
- avoid the high cost of destination weddings
- ditch the dress mess
- already done the big wedding thing
- second marriage, trophy marriage, third marriage
- we are older and just want to get married and enjoy our lives together
- privacy for celebrities or executives
- to remain pure and avoid premarital sex
- truly, madly, deeply in love
- to redirect the money saved toward buying a house
Please the bottom of this page for the most recent Results in our Why You Eloped Poll.
We have touched on many of the other reasons why couples chose to elope in our various Blogs.
Please read the WhereToElope Why You Eloped Poll Press Release for more on why couples elope.
Do You Agree? Do you have another reason for eloping? Please Click to Vote.
Here are the Results of our latest Reasons To Elope Poll:
1. To save money 71.9% 2. To have fun and enjoy your own ceremony 59.0% 3. To maintain your sanity 52.8% 4. To avoid family politics 49.1% 5. To save time 42.0% 6. To have freedom from the norm 38.9%